CONGRATULATIONS FR. DON & MR. MAHAFFE
SHA bus driver, Mr. Bill Mahaffey and SHA Director of Transportation, Fr. Don Henkes.
Sacred Heart Academy recently received a certificate of excellence issued by the Michigan State Police, Motor Carrier Division, for achieving a 100% pass rate for school bus safety inspections.
Students arrive at school by car, private transportation company, or local school bus. The Administration assists families with arranging transportation with the public school bus garage. The public school bus garage phone number is 989-775-2323. Busing is available for most situations but is not guaranteed.
For families who live in the Alma area, SHA has finalized a fee for the morning-only bus shuttle from Alma to SHA. Listed below is the fee structure for the shuttle to operate as a break-even service. All families agree to pay at a per/family rate rather than a per/student rate. The price breakdown for Alma families is listed below.
2008-09 Per Family Monthly Fee (one-way, mornings to SHA):
From Alma - $150 per family
Bus service begins the first day of school!
1. Alma pick up time 6:50 AM, depart @ 7 a.m. from Bowling Alley.
2. Qualified drivers have agreed to drive each run.
3. Parents have agreed on a monthly payment due date (middle of month).
4. Emergency phone tree will be used to cancel.
5. When Alma Public Schools has a 2 hour delay due to weather/fog conditions, SHA bus will pick up Alma students @ 8:50 unless parents are notified by the emergency phone tree.
6. Service would discontinue if parents no longer financially support.
7. Parents would make payment to Sacred Heart Academy, and could drop off with Shelli (high school) or business office.
8. Permission form for each student riding must be on file with Mr. Starnes before students may begin using this service.
9. The intent of this service is to help ease the transition from our sister school in Alma when students begin 7th grade. Sacred Heart will not accept students currently enrolled at St. Mary's in Alma.