Sacred Heart Academy
School Cancellations and Delays
Below are the procedures that will be followed in the event of a school cancellation or delay.
In the event of a 2-hour delay:
· School begins at 9:40 for all students, including DK & Kindergarten.
· Students may enter classrooms at 9:30 a.m.
· Supervision is available for elementary students in the cafeteria beginning at 9:00 a.m.
· There is no morning latchkey from 7:00- 9:00 a.m. This is for reasons relating to licensing and staffing requirements.
· If an 8:00 a.m. school Mass was scheduled, students will not attend Mass that day.
In the event of a cancellation or a delay that becomes a cancellation:
· Latchkey will open (normally at 9:00 if the day started as a delay, and 8:30 for snow days). You must come in with your child to sign them in and to ensure that the supervisors have arrived, as sometimes notice comes late in the morning. It is a licensing requirement that you check your child in. It is also required that you be registered to use the program. Contact Ms. Binger or Mrs. Methner in the elementary office if you need more information about the extended care program.
· If you were scheduled for a school meeting, such as an IEP, it is cancelled unless you receive a phone call.
· If a school event, such as a music concert or literacy night, is scheduled for that evening, check the website to see if the event is being held.
· It is possible that the menu may change on the day school resumes; check the website for updates.