Sacred Heart Academy
SHA has received several requests to put together a school "wish list" so that parents, grandparents, alumni, and friends of the Academy who wish to make a donation can earmark their contribution toward a specific need. Following are the wishes (and the approximate cost) that have been received thus far from the teachers and staff. If you wish to make a donation, please contact Principal, Mr. Denny Starnes at DStarnes@sha.net or 989-772-1457.
- Mrs. Mary Beth Roberts, EK - Protective Sand and Water Floor Mat ($45); 3 Moon Sand- 5lb ea. ($16 ea.); Multicultural Rhythm Stick Fun CD ($18); Everybody Dance CD ($18); Totally Math CD ($23); Gel Pens ($15); all items available in School Specialty Catalog.
- Mrs. Monica Ervin, EK - Carpet for Kids Calendar - $365; Double-sided Book Shelf on Wheels (will share with Mrs. Roberts) - $250; Childcraft Magnetic/Dry Erase Mobile Language Center on Wheels - $235
- Mrs. Marla Schneider, 1st grade - Reading Eggs, a web-based reading program - $219 for 2011; Copernicus Standard Royal Inspiration Station – may be purchased from School Outfitters - $349.99
- Mrs. Laurie Simon, 2nd grade - electric pencil sharpener; board games for students to play with during inside recess; digital camera; CD player for listening center
- Mrs. Kelly Hansen, 2nd grade - electric pencil sharpener; podium
- Mrs. Julie O'Brien, 3rd grade - digital camera with computer cord; ipad - both items would be used for digital writing workshop and math apps.
- Mrs. Michele Reinke, 4th grade - cassette/CD player for the classroom
- Ms. Amy Gaudard, 5th grade - Dry Erase markers, pedestal fan
- Mrs. Kathy Wyman, 6th grade - 2 oscillating pedestal fans; dry erase markers
- The Cooks - aprons, pot holders and dish cloths
- Mr. Phil Durocher - DVD player
- Mrs. Mercia Foster, Spanish Teacher - DVD player; Good quality copy of Don Quixonte VHS; big screen TV
- Mrs. Konwinski, Chemistry and Physics - Projector, lap top, new or gently used overhead projector
- Mrs. Angie Reid, High school English - Stand for big screen TV (used for power point presentations); Books and donations of money for books
- Mrs. Lori Smith, 7th - 9th grade Global Studies and US History - stationary projector, crossword puzzles that have to do with Global Issues or History; monetary donations to buy history books for silent reading; any historical items would be welcomed and put to good use; colored pencils; items from eastern hemisphere countries; guest speakers wishing to share information or visuals about US History or Eastern Hemisphere countries.
- SHA Athletics - John Deere Gator (new or used)
- SHA Band & Percussion - click here to see wish list.
Last updated: 01/28/2013